- [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] lisiado, (masculine, feminine) [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo], tullido, (masculine, feminine) [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] an emotional cripple una persona traumada or con traumasMore example sentences
- Like so many other young British patricians, he was saved from becoming a complete emotional cripple by a tenderhearted nanny.
- Judy Garland turns out to be a complete emotional cripple who tries to seduce me.
- I thought you were supposed to drive them away and test them, and be really mean to them until they were emotional cripples and then they would never leave you.
- 1.1 (lame, disable) lisiar [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] he was crippled for life [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] quedó lisiado de por vida he's crippled with arthritis la artritis lo tiene casi inmovilizado a crippled arm [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] un brazo tullido [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo]More example sentences1.2 (make inactive, ineffective) [ship/plane] inutilizar*; [industry] paralizar*
More example sentences
- A young man crippled by a disease of old age may not get the operation he and his family have been hoping and praying for over the last year.
- When she was too crippled to walk more than a few steps, she still spread her husband's shirts out on the kitchen table and ironed them.
- But he refuses to allow his children to be immunised against the disease that crippled him three decades ago.
More example sentences
- Qualitatively, the Iraqi military machine is crippled, with no spare parts for its ancient equipment.
- However, it was modified to accept an electron bolt gun, giving it the ability to disable (/ cripple / damage) much larger ships.
- They aimed to cripple the machinery of war, not simply broaden disdain for it.
- We have developing countries being crippled by debt, so we need a more value-led globalisation.
- News of the loan comes just days after prosecutors at his child sex-abuse trial claimed the singer has crippling debts of £155 million.
- With the county club faced with crippling debts there are reports that they may have to get rid of nine players when contracts are discussed in a few weeks' time.