Translation of crush in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (squash)(box/car/person/fingers)
machacar(dress/suit)we sat crushed together in the back
arrugarnos sentamos apretujados en la parte de atrásshe crushed the berry between her fingersaplastó or estrujó la baya con los dedosthey managed to crush seven people into the carconsiguieron meter apretujadas a siete personas en el cocheshe crushed everything into the casemetió todo apretujado en la maletaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (pound, pulverize)
- Then I want to pulverize those rocks by crushing each against the other, and that takes every last ounce of power and strength in my soul.
- Paul crushes all of the pills and puts them into his mother's nightly milk.
- As such they could be crushed and ground for use, like peppercorns, as well as pressed to make a juice.
- The April Uprising was crushed with great cruelty by the Ottoman Army.
- When this news arrived in Paris on the last day of 1791, it seemed to confirm all that Brissot and his allies had been claiming about a league of despots determined to crush the Revolution.
- He was then promoted to governor-general, where he asserted his authority, crushing rebellions and suppressing the slave trade.
triturarhielo (masculine) picado or (Mexico) frappé
- 2 (subdue)(resistance/rebels/enemy)he felt utterly crushed
aplastarse sintió completamente abatidothey succeeded in crushing the billlograron que no se aprobara el proyecto de leythe government moved swiftly to crush the rumorel gobierno actuó con rapidez para acallar el rumor
- (dress/suit)do you think we can all crush into the back?
arrugarse¿crees que nos podemos apretujar todos en la parte de atrás?Example sentences
- She looked at the crumpled ticket that was crushed in her hand.
- He crushed the paper and threw it across the parking lot.
- She asked, crushing one of the sheets of paper into a ball in frustration.
- 1 (crowd) (no plural) there was a terrible crush at the barhabía una aglomeración or un gentío horrible en el barthree people were injured in the crushtres personas resultaron heridas en el tumultoit was a bit of a crush with eight people in the carcon ocho personas en el coche se estaba un poco apretadoExample sentences
- Sadly, most people were caught in a mobile crush as crowds massed from one possible vantage point to another in search of York's secret firework display.
- The news spread fast and the crowds became a crush within a few hours.
- He stood on a banked terrace, leaning back against one of the stone walls which he supposed had been built to retain the crush of the crowd.
- 2 countable (infatuation) [colloquial] to have a crush on somebodyestar chiflado por alguien [colloquial]all the kids had a crush on Miss Spinettitodos los niños estaban chiflados por Miss Spinettiit's just a schoolboy crushsolo es un enamoramiento de adolescenteExample sentences
- Realizing that you're starting to have a crush on a friend can produce a whole new set of fears and considerations.
- Or, worse yet, as Nadda feared she might end up having to ask, how can you casually ask a person if they might have a crush on their best friend?
- I have a crush on a friend who is very near and dear to me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.