Translation of crystallize in Spanish:
- 1 (Chemistry, Geology)cristalizarseto crystallize outExample sentences
- As the solution cools, quinine sulfate crystallizes out.
- Such solutions are unstable and the addition of a tiny amount of the solute will cause all of the excess solute to crystallize out of solution.
- At regular intervals they remove samples and measure how many of the C triglycerides in the liquid oil phase crystallise out.
- 2 (take shape)(plan/idea/interest)to crystallize
intosomethingcristalizarse enalgoExample sentences
- A good briefing can save you hours of legwork and days of phone- and email-tag, particularly when you want information that can't be crystallized into a quick, clear question.
- His ideas never crystallized into a system: he held that political thought had to be as mobile and protean as its object.
- His smile crystallized into a frozen grin, the part in his hair fracturing to the very foundations of his Brylcream.
- 2 (give shape to)(idea/plan)
- 3 (Cooking)Example sentences
- If you're going to crystallise the rose petals for the topping, simply paint each one with egg white and dip in caster sugar, coating well.
- Fleurs de sucre are crystallized flower petals or berries, beautifully packaged up in tall glass tubes.
- The sliced lemon added on day 2 also becomes crystallized and very yummy as its own treat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.