Translation of cult in Spanish:
- 1.1 (belief, worship)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (sect) 1.3 (craze, obsessive interest) (before noun) cult figure cult movie
- The pre-Christian religion of the Fijians was both animistic and polytheistic, and included a cult of chiefly ancestors.
- The cult of the ancestors is practiced among many of the ethnic groups.
- As he notes, cults of holy images have been the subject of a long debate in Christianity.
película (feminine) de cultoExample sentences
- The loss of life was terrible, but it was no more than one in a series of occasional tragedies caused by the misguided beliefs of cults and their members.
- Will witches, cults, and strange religions soon get taxpayers' dollars?
- Society suffers from dangerous sects and cults, militia movements, media control, and misrepresentations of psychiatric treatment and mental disorders.
- The fellow with the Village People mustache, who wears a white dress shirt and tie, is being marketed as a cult of personality.
- Does it bother you that there's a cult of personality built up around him?
- Or perhaps they center too much on the cult of personality from the opposing side.
- It did remarkably well at the box office, and garnered a strong cult following among college-age Americans.
- The company's ads have gained a cult following among advertisers and laymen alike.
- Shooting took about a month and the film became a cult classic among many people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.