Translation of culture in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable (civilization)Example sentences
- Like Flaubert and Proust, he was the son of a doctor, in that era a profession of wide culture and learning.
- Our customs, culture, and societal structure demands the presence of the father.
- This primarily involves questions about a society's culture, social life, and public sphere.
- If we don't attend to our moral traditions - to our culture - then our society could come apart at the seams.
- 2 uncountable (intellectual activity) a man of great cultureun hombre de gran culturaa person of no cultureuna persona totalmente inculta
una persona sin ninguna culturaExample sentences
- Like others, she is also against the misogyny in so much of our popular and intellectual culture.
- Sport, and its relationship with the media, have become key markers of late - 20th century popular culture.
- As so often these days, a study of the past of archaeology throws up revealing insights into modern intellectual culture.
- 3 countable and uncountable (Biology) (before noun) culture mediumExample sentences
- Imagine the ability to grow human cells in culture to grow muscle tissue.
- A feature shared by senescent cells in culture and in vivo is shortening of the telomeres.
- Circadian rhythms are known to be exhibited by all peripheral tissues and mammalian cells in culture.
- The vaccine continued to be used for many years, until replaced by a vaccine prepared in cell cultures.
- We presume this reduction reflects dead cells in the mutant cultures, as noted above.
- Slides from the same blood cultures were later prepared for automated analysis.
- 4 uncountable (Farming) (of plants)(of animals) cría (feminine)Example sentences
- It is important to buy from a grower who gives you good culture directions for the plant you buy.
- During plant culture, young roots were harvested at the end of the light period on 4-week-old plants.
- A flexible tube connected the bottoms of the two chambers during plant culture, but the tube was blocked during treatments.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.