- 1 c and u (civilization) cultura (feminine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- Like Flaubert and Proust, he was the son of a doctor, in that era a profession of wide culture and learning.
- Our customs, culture, and societal structure demands the presence of the father.
- This primarily involves questions about a society's culture, social life, and public sphere.
- If we don't attend to our moral traditions - to our culture - then our society could come apart at the seams.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (intellectual activity) cultura (feminine) a man of great culture un hombre de gran cultura a person of no culture una persona totalmente inculta, una persona sin ninguna culturaMore example sentences
- Like others, she is also against the misogyny in so much of our popular and intellectual culture.
- Sport, and its relationship with the media, have become key markers of late - 20th century popular culture.
- As so often these days, a study of the past of archaeology throws up revealing insights into modern intellectual culture.
- 3 c and u [Biology/Biología] cultivo (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) culture medium caldo (masculine) de cultivoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Imagine the ability to grow human cells in culture to grow muscle tissue.
- A feature shared by senescent cells in culture and in vivo is shortening of the telomeres.
- Circadian rhythms are known to be exhibited by all peripheral tissues and mammalian cells in culture.
- The vaccine continued to be used for many years, until replaced by a vaccine prepared in cell cultures.
- We presume this reduction reflects dead cells in the mutant cultures, as noted above.
- Slides from the same blood cultures were later prepared for automated analysis.
- 4 uncountable/no numerable [Agric] (of plants) cultivo (masculine); (of animals) cría (feminine)More example sentences
- It is important to buy from a grower who gives you good culture directions for the plant you buy.
- During plant culture, young roots were harvested at the end of the light period on 4-week-old plants.
- A flexible tube connected the bottoms of the two chambers during plant culture, but the tube was blocked during treatments.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.