Translation of cure in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] curar to cure sb
ofsth [of illness/shyness/anxiety] curar a algn dealgo [of habit/idea] quitarle algo aalgn 1.2 (remedy) [evil/problem] remediar, poner* remedio aExample sentences
- Not only do they fail to cure the problems they are hired to solve; they make the problems worse.
- In most of the cases we're not actually curing the problems, we're finding ways around them.
- In the past, victims of severe blushing were prescribed beta-blockers or anti - depressants, or offered counselling, none of which cured the problem.
- 2 2.1 (preserve) [meat/fish] curar 2.2 [rubber] vulcanizar*Example sentences
- In addition to the lengthy hand lay-up of the materials, there is the use of an autoclave to cure the epoxy resin.
- Goodyear noticed a tiny line of perfectly cured rubber on the edge of the piece.
- Early in 1942 cured natural rubber from the plantation was loaded on to planes.
- We took a spin on the classic, restaurant-style wrapped filet by crusting a roast with two cured meats - bacon and prosciutto.
- Their flesh was cured and preserved into amulets.
- They didn't go empty handed, they brought tea, sugar, home-made bread, eggs, home cured bacon and twist tobacco.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (effect a cure) curarExample sentences
- Many go to visit it and there are stories of people being cured of serious ailments because they had the faith to do their religious practice in this place.
- Most English historians were cured of such flatulent emotion by the carnage of the first world war, the desolation of the great slump and the perilously tight margin of victory in the second world war.
- David found himself the subject of a phenomenon as he was unexplainably cured of the Crohn's disease with which he suffered for 14 years while on a trip to Medjugorje.
- If the cancer has spread to other parts of your body, treatment will not cure the cancer.
- When you're first diagnosed, it's likely you'll be interested in treatments that cure cancer.
- There is no available medical treatment that immediately cures bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
- 1.1 (remedy — for disease) cura (feminine); (— for problem) remedio (masculine) there's no cure for this condition esta enfermedad no tiene cura to be beyond o past cure no tener* curación/remedio 1.2 (course of treatment) cura (feminine) to take o go on a cure tomar las aguas 1.3 (return to health) restablecimiento (masculine), curación (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.