Translation of cure in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Medicine) to cure somebody
curar a alguien
Example sentences1.2 (remedy)
- Many go to visit it and there are stories of people being cured of serious ailments because they had the faith to do their religious practice in this place.
- Most English historians were cured of such flatulent emotion by the carnage of the first world war, the desolation of the great slump and the perilously tight margin of victory in the second world war.
- David found himself the subject of a phenomenon as he was unexplainably cured of the Crohn's disease with which he suffered for 14 years while on a trip to Medjugorje.
- If the cancer has spread to other parts of your body, treatment will not cure the cancer.
- When you're first diagnosed, it's likely you'll be interested in treatments that cure cancer.
- There is no available medical treatment that immediately cures bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
poner remedio aExample sentences
- Not only do they fail to cure the problems they are hired to solve; they make the problems worse.
- In most of the cases we're not actually curing the problems, we're finding ways around them.
- In the past, victims of severe blushing were prescribed beta-blockers or anti - depressants, or offered counselling, none of which cured the problem.
- 2 2.1 (preserve)(meat/fish)
- We took a spin on the classic, restaurant-style wrapped filet by crusting a roast with two cured meats - bacon and prosciutto.
- Their flesh was cured and preserved into amulets.
- They didn't go empty handed, they brought tea, sugar, home-made bread, eggs, home cured bacon and twist tobacco.
- In addition to the lengthy hand lay-up of the materials, there is the use of an autoclave to cure the epoxy resin.
- Goodyear noticed a tiny line of perfectly cured rubber on the edge of the piece.
- Early in 1942 cured natural rubber from the plantation was loaded on to planes.
- 1 (remedy — for disease)(— for problem) remedio (masculine)there's no cure for this conditionesta enfermedad no tiene curato be beyond o past cureno tener curación/remedioExample sentences
- Pharmaceutical companies often fund research that leads to cures and treatments for diseases.
- Money that could be directed at researching cures and treatments for disease is being re-directed to provide extra security for existing research.
- It is our goal to find treatments and possibly a cure for this rare, life-threatening disease that robs children of their adulthood.
- In all the research and all the websites in the world, I cannot find any offers of a cure or solution.
- None of these thoughts are total cures or solutions, but I hope there is some value in them.
- I particularly liked his cure for sea-sickness: sit under a tree.
- 3 (return to health)Example sentences
- If the tumor has already metastasized before local therapy is administered, cure is impossible.
- Cancer patients beyond cure are frequently used to set the defining standard for terminal illness.
- Trials to date show similar rates of clinical cure in common respiratory infections.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.