Translation of currency in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1 (Finance) 1.1 countable or uncountable (type of money) currency in circulationmoneda (feminine) circulante or en circulación(before noun) currency converterconvertidor (masculine) de divisascurrency devaluationdevaluación (feminine) de la monedacurrency marketmercado (masculine) cambiario or de cambios or de divisascurrency unit 1.2 uncountable (cash)Example sentences
- You may need to be careful you don't lose money if there is a transfer between currencies.
- The reason I remember it is because of its equivalent value in harder currencies.
- It depends, as all currencies do, on people believing that it will hold its value over the long run.
- 2 uncountable (prevalence) to have currency (
assomething)tener difusión (to gain currency (view/fashion) comoalgo)extenderseto give currency to a rumor/belief
ganar adeptosconfirmar un rumor/una creenciato be in currencyestar en circulaciónExample sentences
- I agree that we should hope these talking points really gain currency.
- However, the refrain that Australia should not become involved is gaining wider currency.
- A brief story about its use appeared last November but didn't gain wider currency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.