Translation of cusp in Spanish:
- 1 (Architecture, Mathematics)(of crescent moon) cuerno (masculine)(of tooth, leaf) cúspide (feminine)to be on the cusp of somethingestar a las puertas or al borde de algoExample sentences
- Apparatus of at least three morphotypes (a, b, e) of simple coniforms with greatly elongated, curved to twisted cusps.
- The cusp has a curved anterior margin and the base is short.
- The enlarged surface and finer occlusion also permitted the development of complex series of subsidiary cusps and other accoutrements.
- Additional heraldic shields float in the foregrounds below the flanking scenes, as well as in the lancet cusps and the adjacent tracery openings above them.
- Pronounced cusps at each side embellish the conventional New England Queen Anne vase splat design.
- Weak crests run between the main cusp tip and the apex and along the posterior border. p4 is strongly asymmetric, with an extremely long posterolingual wing.
- In the crown, the pulp has small conical extensions (pulp horns) into the cusps of the tooth, and in the root it extends along one or more canals to the tooth apex, where the nerves and blood vessels enter.
- Lateral teeth are flatter and wider at the base of the cusp compared to anterior teeth and often lack lateral cusplets.
- Instead, the cusps within the developing tooth arise as the result of a patterning cascade of control centers that ultimately direct the position, and timing, of both onset and offset of development.
- This is measured from the Northern or Southern cusp of the Moon in the direction of the unlit part of the Moon.
- With my 10X50 binoculars, we were able to see Saber's Beads on the lower cusp of the moon.
- The moon's cusps point toward the stars Pollux and Castor.
- The recurve of the leaf blade will focus the sun's rays and increase the heat slightly within the leaf's cusp.
- 2 (Astrology)Example sentences
- In addition, the sign on the cusp of your 5th house of children is Virgo, another negative indicator.
- It is true that the sign on the cusp of the 7th house is an important clue to this and the influence of any planets within this house are also very important.
- Saturn, ruler of Aquarius on the cusp of the 9th house of ‘overseas travel’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.