Translation of cutthroat in Spanish:
- 1.1 (murderer) [literary]degollador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)
asesino, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2cutthroat (razor) (British English)
- And of course the fact that there are elections in the offing would have absolutely nothing to do with the timing of Michael's pronouncements that the group is a bunch of murderers, gangsters, cut-throats and crooks.
- Yet he ‘and his crew of financial cut-throats can loot the bank and rob 1260 depositors and you can send him to the penitentiary for only three years.’
- With his crew of cut-throats, Sinbad attacked defenceless merchant ships and did what pirates do, thankfully omitted here because this is a U-certificate cartoon from DreamWorks.
- Example sentences
- With high profits, more provincial people are digging for money by setting up schools, which leads to a more cut-throat competition, said Xu.
- Relying only on price will lead to cut-throat competition and disappearing profits.
- So how does he get the press in the cut-throat competition of London Fashion Week, when there are some 70 designers showing in five days?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.