Translation of daddy longlegs in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural daddy longlegs)[colloquial/familiar]
- 1 (harvestman) (American English/inglés norteamericano) segador (masculine), falangio (masculine)Example sentences
- It belongs to an ancient version of the daddy-long-legs, which is also called ‘the harvestmen ‘apparently.’
- Seal and caulk around vents, pipes, and windows where daddy-long-legs and insects can creep inside.
- 2 (cranefly) (British English/inglés británico) típula (feminine), tata Dios (masculine) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- A few fish have been taken on the dap, with crickets/grasshoppers doing the business, and the daddy-long-legs should be making an appearance soon.
- Opening with a warp-speed ‘Loaded’ the greatest frontman in the north-west's all over the monitors like a human daddy-long-legs.
Definition of daddy longlegs in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.