n (plural daddy longlegs)[colloquial/familiar]
- 1 (harvestman) (American English/inglés norteamericano) segador (m), falangio (m)More example sentences
- It belongs to an ancient version of the daddy-long-legs, which is also called ‘the harvestmen ‘apparently.’
- Seal and caulk around vents, pipes, and windows where daddy-long-legs and insects can creep inside.
- 2 (cranefly) (British English/inglés británico) típula (f), tata Dios (m) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
- A few fish have been taken on the dap, with crickets/grasshoppers doing the business, and the daddy-long-legs should be making an appearance soon.
- Opening with a warp-speed ‘Loaded’ the greatest frontman in the north-west's all over the monitors like a human daddy-long-legs.
Definition of daddy longlegs in:
- The US English dictionary
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.