- 1 (barrier) dique (masculine), presa (feminine), represa (feminine) (South America/América del Sur)More example sentences
- The dam raised the water level by 54 feet and created a three-mile-long reservoir holding around 9,000 million gallons.
- By raising the dam, water levels would reach a point where they would flood many of the beach-front properties that sit close to the lake shore.
- He'll test them on Nile crocodiles in South Africa, which are imperiled because changes to a local dam will raise water levels and swamp nesting beaches.
- 2 (reservoir) embalse (masculine), represa (feminine) (South America/América del Sur)More example sentences
- Spring rain left dams full as bellies after chips for tea.
- At present rain water is being collected in large storage dams and reticulated to the end consumer via a network of pipes, pumps and treatment plant to ensure drinking water quality.
- When the rains began, the dams were full to the brim.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-mm-)
- [river/lake/valley] represar, construir* una presa or (South America/América del Sur) una represa en