Translation of danger in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable danger there's no danger of thatthere's no danger of him offering to pay [ironic]no hay peligro de que eso sucedaher life was in dangerno hay ningún peligro de que se ofrezca a pagar [irónico]the doctor said he was out of dangersu vida estaba en peligro or en riesgoto be in danger ofel médico dijo que estaba fuera de peligro
-inghe's in danger of losing it allcorrer peligro or riesgo de + infinitive(before noun) danger pointcorre peligro or riesgo de perderlo tododanger spotpunto (masculine) de peligromomento (masculine) de peligrodanger zone to be on the danger listlugar (masculine) de peligroto be off the danger listencontrarse en estado graveestar fuera de peligroExample sentences1.2 countable (hazard) the dangers of life at sea
dangerlos peligros de la vida en el mar
- If freedom of choice is in danger for some ethnic groups, it is in danger for all.
- But thankfully no-one was hurt, none of the other properties were in danger, and all is well.
- We continually stressed that we were leaving so we would be safe and that we were not in danger.
tosomebody/somethingpeligro paraalguien/algoExample sentences
- The dangers of harm to civilians are much greater in the case of action against a state.
- He warned children of the dangers of smoking, poor diet and a lack of exercise.
- It was a good way to get the message out to people worldwide about the dangers of smoking.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than