Translation of dart in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (weapon)Example sentences1.2 (Games)
- Research is also being carried out in England into the possible use of tasers, which fire darts connected to a wire that carries an electrical current powerful enough to incapacitate the target.
- Taser guns fire two small darts, each trailing fine wires.
- One drew a small blowgun and fired small, poisoned darts at them.
- Indeed, had he reversed the shafts and thrown flight first, the dart would still have buried itself to a depth of three inches: the dartboard never stood a chance.
- Third dart, I concentrated, gazed down that corridor of space separating the tip of my dart from the treble 20.
- This more often than not meant most of their games resulted in a tortuous struggle to plant a dart in Double One.
- 2 (movement) (no plural)(movimiento rápido)he made a dart for the gunse abalanzó sobre el armawith a dart of its tongue, the lizard caught the flyla lagartija atrapó a la mosca de un lengüetazoExample sentences
- Brian Flanagan made a dart for the pavilion end from a ruck, and found the sharp Bernard Behan on his right and the out-half left the cover standing.
- Again the alert Connor was in the thick of things as he made a dart for the line, only to be blocked a couple of paces short of the target.
- Nothing much looked on when centre Aaron Moule made a dart for the right-hand corner but somehow he reached out to plant the ball.
- 3 countable (Clothing)Example sentences
- Beginning at the dart point, stitch to the dart cut end; backstitch and clip the threads.
- Once you understand the role of darts in shaping a garment, you will be glad to have them in all your clothing.
- Avoid surface manipulations such as gathers, pleats, tucks and darts.
- to dart into a roomentrar como una flecha en una habitaciónto dart out of a roomsalir como una flecha de una habitaciónhe darted behind a bushcorrió a esconderse detrás de un arbustoher eyes darted around the roomrecorrió la habitación rápidamente con la miradaExample sentences
- Zem and the women ran out into the streets, darting between people moving slowly in the opposite direction.
- She watched how Keldan moved, darting from one piece of cover to the next, doubtless to deny his target a chance to use a ranged weapon.
- I don't really work out, but I do like to move, and I dart up the subway stairs effortlessly now because my body feels good.
- (look/glance)the lizard darted out its tongue
lanzarla lagartija disparó la lenguaExample sentences
- Kate, Madeline's ladysmaid, floated around not really doing anything and occasionally darting angry looks in my direction.
- You walked towards me, smiling and darting your eyes in all directions.
- My gaze drifted past a familiar head of blond hair and I immediately darted my eyes back in his direction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.