Translation of deadly in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-lier, -liest)
- 1 1.1 (fatal) [disease/poison/blow] mortal; [weapon] mortífero; [combat] a muerte 1.2 (unerring) [aim] certero, infalibleExample sentences1.3 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) [seriousness] enorme; [enemy/rival] a muerte [sin] [Religion/Religión] capital in deadly silence en un silencio sepulcral
- Practice this in front of a mirror until you can slightly part your lips and silently hit a target with deadly accuracy.
- Each strike and block was performed with flawless, deadly accuracy.
- Hinting at the timepiece's capacity for deadly accuracy, he adds: ‘It was twenty-four minutes past midnight.’
- It is also important to remember that every driver on the highway is armed with a weapon more deadly and dangerous than any firearm: a motor vehicle.
- The 2003 death toll from the deadly virus was only one.
- In Doomsday Book the twenty-first century is stricken by yet another pandemic, almost as deadly as the Black Death was in the fourteenth.
- Their hate campaign is paying deadly dividends.
- An unearthly calm seemed to come over him then, and there was a feeling of deadly malice, of hate and violence radiating from him that made her flinch from his stare.
- Voice hated Azrael with a deadly passion.
- Morgan Freeman was now speaking in deadly earnest about Rainforests as the Lungs of Our Planet.
- Byron may have been playing at soldiers, but at the same time he was in deadly earnest.
- There are things of deadly earnest that can only be mentioned under the cover of a joke.
- 2 (dull, boring) [colloquial/familiar] [play/book/party] funesto, aburridísimoExample sentences
- Viewers today typically consider busts academic, boring, deadly; in a museum, they are what you walk past on the way to the Impressionists.
- As a result, cultural choice is increasingly restricted, and a bland sameness, deadly and soporific, threatens the cultural landscape.
- I barely even notice the battle anymore through the deadly monotony.
- Breakfast was deadly!! The best breakfast potatoes I think Ive ever had.
- Just like to say it was deadly today. Had great fun.
- (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) [dull/boring] terriblemente you must be joking! — no, I'm deadly serious lo dices en broma ¿no? — no, lo digo muy en serio
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The name of the autonomous governments of Catalonia and Valencia is generalitat. A great deal of power has now been transferred to them from central government.