Translation of deadly in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1 1.1 (fatal)(disease/poison/blow)
a muerteExample sentences1.2 (unerring)
Example sentences1.3 (as intensifier)
- It is also important to remember that every driver on the highway is armed with a weapon more deadly and dangerous than any firearm: a motor vehicle.
- The 2003 death toll from the deadly virus was only one.
- In Doomsday Book the twenty-first century is stricken by yet another pandemic, almost as deadly as the Black Death was in the fourteenth.
- Practice this in front of a mirror until you can slightly part your lips and silently hit a target with deadly accuracy.
- Each strike and block was performed with flawless, deadly accuracy.
- Hinting at the timepiece's capacity for deadly accuracy, he adds: ‘It was twenty-four minutes past midnight.’
a muerte(Religion)in deadly silence
capitalen un silencio sepulcralExample sentences
- Morgan Freeman was now speaking in deadly earnest about Rainforests as the Lungs of Our Planet.
- Byron may have been playing at soldiers, but at the same time he was in deadly earnest.
- There are things of deadly earnest that can only be mentioned under the cover of a joke.
- 2 (dull, boring) [colloquial](play/book/party)
- Viewers today typically consider busts academic, boring, deadly; in a museum, they are what you walk past on the way to the Impressionists.
- As a result, cultural choice is increasingly restricted, and a bland sameness, deadly and soporific, threatens the cultural landscape.
- I barely even notice the battle anymore through the deadly monotony.
- Breakfast was deadly!! The best breakfast potatoes I think Ive ever had.
- Just like to say it was deadly today. Had great fun.
- (as intensifier)(dull/boring)you must be joking! — no, I'm deadly serious
terriblementelo dices en broma ¿no? — no, lo digo muy en serioExample sentences
- This joking remark caused Eisenhower to turn deadly serious.
- Elves are that way though, jolly one moment and deadly serious when the situation needs it.
- Heart failure is a deadly serious condition, but with good treatments people can double or triple their life expectancy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.