Translation of debris in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rubble) escombros (masculine plural); (of plane, ship) restos (masculine plural); (rubbish) desechos (masculine plural) after the party they left me to clear up the debris [humorous/humorístico] me tocó limpiar a mí los despojos de la fiesta [humorous/humorístico]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 [Geology/Geología] detritos (masculine plural)
- The plane came down about 100 yards from a row of terrace houses, showering some gardens with debris.
- Fire services and Gardai also attended the scene of the crash and debris was scattered over both sides of the road.
- Some of the bodies remained under debris as rescue workers cleared rubble.
- As the ice moves it can erode or excavate large quantities of the rock and unconsolidated debris on which it rests.
- Turbulent tides have churned up the sea bed, disturbing rocks and natural debris such as drift wood.
- Why then was there so little accumulation of sedimentary rock and debris on the ocean floor?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.