Translation of debris in Spanish:
- 1.1 (rubble) escombros (masculine plural); (of plane, ship) restos (masculine plural); (rubbish) desechos (masculine plural) after the party they left me to clear up the debris [humorous/humorístico] me tocó limpiar a mí los despojos de la fiesta [humorous/humorístico]Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 [Geology/Geología] detritos (masculine plural)
- The plane came down about 100 yards from a row of terrace houses, showering some gardens with debris.
- Fire services and Gardai also attended the scene of the crash and debris was scattered over both sides of the road.
- Some of the bodies remained under debris as rescue workers cleared rubble.
- As the ice moves it can erode or excavate large quantities of the rock and unconsolidated debris on which it rests.
- Turbulent tides have churned up the sea bed, disturbing rocks and natural debris such as drift wood.
- Why then was there so little accumulation of sedimentary rock and debris on the ocean floor?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.