Translation of debt in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (indebtedness) endeudamiento (masculine) I'm $200 in debt debo 200 dólares, tengo deudas por 200 dólares I'm hopelessly in debt estoy agobiado de deudas I'm in debt to my father for $2,000 le debo 2.000 dólares a mi padre to be in sb's debt o in debt to sb [formal] estarle* en deuda a algn, estar* en deuda con algn this nation is forever in their debt o in debt to them esta nación les estará siempre en deuda or estará siempre en deuda con ellos to get o run into debt endeudarse, llenarse or cargarse* de deudas to get/be out of debt salir* de/no tener* deudasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (money owing) deuda (feminine) foreign debt deuda externa a debt of honor una deuda de honor to run up debts contraer* deudas, endeudarse to repay a debt pagar* or saldar una deuda I owe you a debt I can never repay siempre estaré en deuda contigo
- After the divorce was granted, Rene discovered there would be no money as her husband was heavily in debt.
- Although the man did owe small sums of money, there is no evidence to suggest that he was heavily in debt.
- He wanted to know why the trust was so severely in debt, despite receiving record funding from the government.
- All owe her a huge debt of gratitude for her many years of dedicated service to the Church.
- Council chairman Alex Carder said the volunteers were owed a debt of gratitude by the rest of the community.
- I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to those past winners who have truly inspired me.
- Samantha Leigh, mitigating, said he had taken the money to pay gambling debts.
- Garda sources believe the gangs may have been desperate to raise money to pay off debts.
- If you are earning money and have big debts it may not be worth over committing yourself in savings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...