Translation of decent in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (seemly, proper) are you decent?¿estás presentable?he remarried after a decent intervalse volvió a casar después de que pasara un decoroso período de tiempoto do the decent thinghacer lo que corresponde or es correctohe did the decent thing and married her [dated]hizo lo que debía y se casó con ellaExample sentences1.2 (respectable) no decent person would want to be seen there
ninguna persona decente se dejaría ver por ahíExample sentences
- I also wondered why a manufacturer would make an otherwise decent dress too sheer so everyone can have a perve at your undies if you wear it.
- From the sounds downstairs, my mother was trying to recover from last night's hangover and put on a decent dress for her daughters' weddings.
- She got out of bed and changed into a decent dress of woolspun.
- Since then thousands of youngsters have learned good manners, decent behaviour and mutual respect, all through the seemingly anachronistic art of ballroom dancing.
- We could help to maintain decent moral standards in advertising, by using our own purchasing power ethically.
- We should be here in the House to establish decent standards of behaviour in our society.
- 2 2.1 (acceptable)(housing/income)a decent meal/suit
decenteuna comida/un traje decente or como es debidoshe has quite a decent jobtiene un trabajo bastante buenoExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 (fairly good) she gave a decent performance
- As always I struck up a conversation with the barista, commenting it had been three days since I'd had a decent cup of coffee.
- The text is a decent size; leading satisfactory; and it's longish - nearly 400 pages - but not too long.
- They were both pretty ordinary, lived normal lives, made satisfactory grades and were decent looking.
su actuación fue aceptable
- Cash also plays its part in managerial success, but the £5m that Moyes has been given to spend represents no more than a down payment on a decent Premiership player.
- Somehow, the York players transformed themselves into what we all know they have the potential to be - decent rugby players.
- A person who loves watching movies can never be alone when they have a decent VHS or DVD player.
- 3 (kind, pleasant) it's very decent of you to help outhas sido muy amable en venir a ayudarhe's a decent (enough) fellowes (bastante) buena personahe's being very decent about it allse está portando muy bienExample sentences
- Frank has always been approachable, a very honest, decent, generous man, with a great sense of humour too.
- Lots of Tories hold a strange affection to the ageing leftie, and when I read the last volume of his diaries he came across as a very decent, generous fellow.
- So let no-one say British people aren't decent, aren't generous.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.