Translation of decompose in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (rot) [corpse/waste] descomponerse*, pudrirse* a strong smell of decomposing fish un fuerte olor a pescado en descomposiciónExample sentences1.2 [Chemistry/Química] [compound] descomponerse*
- The body begins to decompose soon after it is buried.
- It takes several weeks or longer, depending upon the size, for the body to completely decompose.
- ‘When a body decomposes in water, it becomes completely disfigured,’ he continues.
- When heated, it decomposes into calcium oxide and carbon dioxide gas.
- Davy had developed a technique by which unusually stable compounds could be decomposed into their constituent elements.
- All dioxins are very stable and unlike most other chemicals do not quickly decompose or break down in the environment.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [Biology/Biología] [Chemistry/Química] [Physics/Física] descomponer*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.