- 1 1.1 [room/house] (with paint) pintar; (with wallpaper) empapelar 1.2 [hat/Christmas tree] adornar, decorar (Latin America/América Latina) ; [cake] decorarMore example sentences
- It was made out of exquisite gold, sculptures and ornaments decorating it.
- Matched pairs of smaller tables and ornaments decorate each side, the objects on the left referring to the New Testament, and, to the right, the Old Testament.
- Another attractive alternative is to decorate short lengths of board with old tiles.
- 2 (award medal to) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to decorate sb (
forsth) condecorar a algn ( poralgo)More example sentences
- He was decorated with many medals, and he had all his weapons with him as well.
- After the war Popov was decorated and awarded British citizenship.
- He is a fine athlete and a Vietnam combat veteran who was decorated for bravery.
- (paint) pintar; (hang wallpaper) empapelarMore example sentences
- The hotel room was decorated with pale yellow wallpaper and white painted wooden decoration.
- Kimmi dragged her stuff into a room that what was decorated with floral wallpaper.
- The middle room is decorated with flowered wallpaper and has a high ceiling.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an