Translation of decorate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 [room/house] (with paint) pintar; (with wallpaper) empapelar 1.2 [hat/Christmas tree] adornar, decorar (Latin America/América Latina) ; [cake] decorarExample sentences
- It was made out of exquisite gold, sculptures and ornaments decorating it.
- Matched pairs of smaller tables and ornaments decorate each side, the objects on the left referring to the New Testament, and, to the right, the Old Testament.
- Another attractive alternative is to decorate short lengths of board with old tiles.
- 2 (award medal to) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to decorate sb (
forsth) condecorar a algn ( poralgo)Example sentences
- He was decorated with many medals, and he had all his weapons with him as well.
- After the war Popov was decorated and awarded British citizenship.
- He is a fine athlete and a Vietnam combat veteran who was decorated for bravery.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- (paint) pintar; (hang wallpaper) empapelarExample sentences
- The hotel room was decorated with pale yellow wallpaper and white painted wooden decoration.
- Kimmi dragged her stuff into a room that what was decorated with floral wallpaper.
- The middle room is decorated with flowered wallpaper and has a high ceiling.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the