Translation of decree in Spanish:
- 1 (command) by royal decree to issue a decreepromulgar un decretoExample sentences
- However, the announcement must be followed by the promulgation of a presidential decree before it becomes official policy.
- Soldiers on the distant outposts of empire quickly learned that official decrees and restraining orders took months to arrive and counted for little ‘on the ground’.
- While a custody decree is an injunctive order, the courts too often fail to apply the principles that are applicable to all other injunctions.
- 2 (Law)decree nisi/absolutesentencia (feminine) provisional/definitiva (en un juicio de divorcio)Example sentences
- The applicant wishes to obtain a decree of judicial separation.
- First of all, when granting a divorce decree, all the judges must instruct parents to be meaningfully involved with child care.
- In July 2000, the wife issued proceedings in the Irish High Court claiming a decree of judicial separation and other orders.
- 1 (announce, command)(ban/amnesty)fate decreed that you and I should meet
decretarel destino quiso que nos conociéramos
estaba escrito que teníamos que conocernosExample sentences
- But the executive has decided otherwise, and has decreed that smoking should be banned in all public places.
- Within a few hours he had issued Directive No. 25, decreeing Yugoslavia's obliteration and assigning secondary roles in its conquest to Italy and Hungary.
- California passed a law 20 years ago decreeing a proportion of cars would have to be electric powered.
- 2(especially American English) (Law)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.