Translation of decree in Spanish:
- 1.1 (command) decreto (masculine) by royal decree por real decreto to issue a decree promulgar* un decretoExample sentences1.2 [Law/Derecho] decree nisi/absolute sentencia (feminine) provisional/definitiva ([ en un juicio de divorcio ])
- However, the announcement must be followed by the promulgation of a presidential decree before it becomes official policy.
- Soldiers on the distant outposts of empire quickly learned that official decrees and restraining orders took months to arrive and counted for little ‘on the ground’.
- While a custody decree is an injunctive order, the courts too often fail to apply the principles that are applicable to all other injunctions.
- The applicant wishes to obtain a decree of judicial separation.
- First of all, when granting a divorce decree, all the judges must instruct parents to be meaningfully involved with child care.
- In July 2000, the wife issued proceedings in the Irish High Court claiming a decree of judicial separation and other orders.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.