Translation of decree in Spanish:
- 1.1 (command) by royal decree to issue a decreepromulgar un decretoExample sentences1.2 (Law)decree nisi/absolute
sentencia (feminine) provisional/definitiva (en un juicio de divorcio)Example sentences
- However, the announcement must be followed by the promulgation of a presidential decree before it becomes official policy.
- Soldiers on the distant outposts of empire quickly learned that official decrees and restraining orders took months to arrive and counted for little ‘on the ground’.
- While a custody decree is an injunctive order, the courts too often fail to apply the principles that are applicable to all other injunctions.
- The applicant wishes to obtain a decree of judicial separation.
- First of all, when granting a divorce decree, all the judges must instruct parents to be meaningfully involved with child care.
- In July 2000, the wife issued proceedings in the Irish High Court claiming a decree of judicial separation and other orders.
- 1.1 (announce, command)(ban/amnesty)fate decreed that you and I should meet
decretarel destino quiso que nos conociéramos1.2
estaba escrito que teníamos que conocernos(especially American English) (Law)
- But the executive has decided otherwise, and has decreed that smoking should be banned in all public places.
- Within a few hours he had issued Directive No. 25, decreeing Yugoslavia's obliteration and assigning secondary roles in its conquest to Italy and Hungary.
- California passed a law 20 years ago decreeing a proportion of cars would have to be electric powered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.