n (plural -cies)
- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] deficiencia (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) deficiency disease enfermedad (feminine) carencialMore example sentences1.2 (shortage) escasez (f), déficit (m)
More example sentences
- For if you love someone greatly, your love will be great enough to tolerate his or her shortcomings or deficiencies.
- Another remarkable feature Hu noticed in his early days in the city was the serious deficiency of work efficiency.
- And the plant did not consistently produce potable water because of system failures and operational deficiencies.
- Sunscreen prevented sunlight from generating vitamin D in the skin, risking serious deficiencies in the long run.
- Other risk factors include deficiencies in vitamin A, beta-carotene, vitamin C, and folic acid.
- Like scurvy or pernicious anaemia, he puts it down to nutritional deficiencies in the modern diet: the lack of the essential vitamin B17.
- 2 countable/numerable (shortcoming) deficiencia (feminine)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an