Translation of deficit in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Finance] déficit (masculine) to make up/show a deficit of $300 cubrir*/arrojar un déficit de 300 dólares the budget deficit el déficit presupuestario 1.2 (shortfall) déficit (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 [Games/Juegos] [Sport/Deporte] diferencia (feminine) de goles ( or puntos etc)
- The fund will absorb the deficit in the Rover pension scheme, which officially stands at £67.6m.
- The pension scheme, which had a deficit amounting to some £80m, was part of this restructuring.
- The company doubled its input last year to £225m, but the deficit in its fund rose by roughly the same amount.
- Smurfit was in deficit at its last year-end, so its position is likely to have got a lot worse.
- Wartime was a period of massive fiscal deficits and huge current account surpluses.
- For several countries, reducing their annual budget deficits to below 3% of gross domestic product will be the first big hurdle.
- Boys Club still had fight in them and Nicky Pearson scored to cut the deficit to one goal again but despite plenty of pressure they could not force extra time.
- That didn't work as the team dug itself into a double-digit deficit in the division.
- Now back within two, Croatia made the most of its next power play to cut the deficit to one on a score by Samir Barac.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.