- 1 c u 1.1 (statement of meaning) definición (f) what's your definition of good music? ¿tú qué entiendes por buena música? by definition por definiciónMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (categorization) definición (f), delimitación (f)
- The Judge said she had, in the absence of any statutory definition, consulted several dictionaries for a definition of the word record.
- No, it's not exactly the dictionary definition of the word.
- The dictionary definition of the word is to ride on or along a wave on a board.
More example sentences
- One widely accepted definition describes poverty as ‘an enforced lack of socially perceived necessities’.
- Most definitions of the scheme describe it as operating alongside criminal action.
- I'm struck how in the introductory sections, Publius returns again and again to a definition of ‘human nature.’
- In all these examples we can see that whether a particular act is judged to be a crime or to be deviant is not explained by any quality of the act itself but by other considerations that enter into the process of labelling or definition.
- It is equally important that our community have safe space in which to engage in that process of definition.
- In the introduction, Lauret confronts the thorny questions of definition and categorization.
- 2 u 2.1 (focus) the plot lacked definition la trama argumental no estaba bien definida it gave her life definition le dio dirección or sentido a su vida blusher gives your cheekbones definition el colorete realza los pómulos or da realce a los pómulos 2.2 [Cin] [Phot] [TV] nitidez (f), definición (f)More example sentences
More example sentences2.3 [Audio] nitidez (f), claridad (f) 2.4 [Opt] definición (f)
- They have great resolution and incredible colour definition.
- The anamorphic widescreen transfer is decent enough, with reasonable clarity and picture definition, though graininess can a problem now and again.
- By looking at the graph and seeing the colors and shapes, these students were able to listen again and hear the shape of the sounds with more definition.
- You and your family will be blown away at the definition of this television.
- The screen has excellent definition and best of all the unit is less than 9mm thick.
- This television has excellent definition which makes the image jump right at you.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.