Translation of delirious in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] delirante to be delirious delirar, desvariar* the fever made her delirious la fiebre la hizo delirar or desvariarExample sentences1.2 (wildly excited, happy) [colloquial/familiar] loco de alegría [colloquial/familiar] to become delirious with joy enloquecer* de alegría
- If left untreated, the patient may be highly agitated, develop insomnia, become delirious or go into a coma.
- Vivid hallucinations and delirious illusions may also occur.
- His vision was dimming as the rock squeezed harder, his mind was almost delirious with the pain.
- She had been delirious with excitement about the whole thing, from the moment they had been invited along.
- It requires delirious, wild optimism to believe madness on every continent will keep us safe indefinitely.
- While the penalty prompted singing and cheering from the crowd, the drop kick produced thunderous applause and brought a delirious crowd to their feet.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...