Translation of deliver in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (hand over)(goods/message)his new car was delivered yesterday
entregarayer le entregaron el coche nuevothe bus delivers me to my doorstepel autobús me deja en mi misma puertato deliver (up/over) the fortress to the enemyentregarle la fortaleza al enemigosee also→ good 2 3 1Example sentences1.2 (distribute)
(milk/mail/paper)we have our milk/paper delivered every day
- Then last Friday they delivered a bunch of letters and packages some dating back to the past two years.
- What happens if someone writes the wrong address on an envelope, or the postman delivers the letter to the wrong door?
- Whilst in Britain a paper round is done by spotty 13 yr old kids before school, here it is a proper job and the delivery guys also double up by delivering goods during the days.
repartir (a domicilio)nos traen la leche/el periódico a casa todos los días
- 2 (save) [literary] to deliver somebody
fromsomethinglibrar a alguiendeliver us from evil Lord deliver us! dealgoExample sentences
- In June 2001 she was delivered of a 3.1 kg healthy boy, her seventh child and fourth caesarean.
- At length, however, she was delivered of a child; but it is uncertain whether it was born alive or not.
- She prayed the bell would save her and deliver her from this torment, but her prayer fell on mute ears and there were still seven minutes when she reached the front and turned to face the class.
- His strong performance delivers the movie from all-out silliness; this is quite a feat, given that he's required to utter lines like ‘That's a sandstorm!’
- But the region will pay a heavy price for his folly unless the scandal swirling around him delivers the world from his Machiavellian designs.
- 3 3.1 (administer)Example sentences3.2 (issue)
- He is quick to the ball and delivers a quality blow.
- He has worked on an exceptionally quick hand punch that delivers a blow before larger defensive tackles can get into their rushes.
- He takes proper angles to the ball, not wasting any steps, and delivers a powerful blow when he gets there.
Example sentences3.3 (produce, provide) he promised much, but delivered little
- He delivered himself of this speech with the air of one who has solved a great truth.
- And besides them, there's the invitation-only crowd at the Banqueting House in Whitehall, to whom he will deliver the only formal speech of his visit.
- Knowing that a poor performance would reignite the whispering campaign against him, he spoke in a leaden manner before delivering a blunt ‘modernise or die’ message.
cumplió muy poco de lo mucho que había prometidothis treaty delivered several advantageseste tratado trajo como consecuencia varias ventajas3.4 (Sport)(ball)3.5 (in elections) (American English)
- But the verdict delivered by the Court of Final Appeal said the authority will still be able to provide such facilities through another party after the listing.
- Against this backdrop, Roh should wait patiently until the Constitutional Court delivers its final verdict.
- Visitors to the interactive exhibition can perform in front of the tough panel with the judges delivering their verdicts, more often than not trading insults among themselves.
- People expect us to deliver on our election promises.
- It employs 18 full and part time trained staff and prides itself on delivering its promises by providing quality products at competitive prices.
- There will be no ‘business as usual’, since his supporters expect him to deliver on the many promises he has made during the campaign.
- 4 (Medicine)her husband delivered the babysu marido la asistió or atendió en el partothey delivered the child with forcepssacaron al niño con fórcepsthe queen was delivered of a son/daughter [formal]la reina dio a luz (a) un hijo (varón)/una hijaExample sentences
- Ita was the local midwife and delivered many a home birth before the Maternity Hospital era in rural parishes.
- A community midwife who has delivered hundreds of babies over the past 30 years has been honoured with an award for the special care she has given patients.
- The delivery room nurse, the resident, and the attending physician assisted as the plaintiff delivered a healthy baby boy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.