Translation of delivery in Spanish:
noun plural deliveries
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act) we guarantee speedy delivery of ordersgarantizamos la pronta entrega de pedidoshow much do you charge for delivery?¿cuánto cobran por el envío or transporte?these crates are awaiting deliveryestas cajas están por entregarto pay on deliverypagar a la entrega or al recibo de la mercancíacash on delivery to take delivery of somethingrecibir algowhen can you take delivery of the package?¿cuándo puede recibir el paquete?(before noun) delivery chargesgastos (masculine plural) de envío or transportedelivery man delivery periodplazo (masculine) de entregadelivery serviceservicio (masculine) de reparto a domiciliodelivery truck o (British English) vancamioneta (feminine) de los repartos
furgoneta (feminine) de los repartosExample sentences1.2 countable (occasion) is there a delivery on Saturdays?
¿hay reparto los sábados?Example sentences1.3 countable (consignment)
- Later, tube systems were enlarged, and new ones opened not only for the transport of telegrams but also for individual and bulk deliveries of letters and parcels.
- Although the supply of tropical plants was down and hygiene services were disappointing, security services, parcels delivery and facilities management were very successful.
- We have to treat this matter as urgent and to request your reply within seven days of the date of delivery of this letter.
- Resorts can only be built on deserted islands, and must be of a high standard, all with their own generators, desalination plants and produce deliveries.
- Bulgarian cigarettes production and Bulgarian tobacco deliveries will depend on the market situation.
- Agents say that they sending back over fifty percent of some deliveries because their products don't sell very well.
- 3 countable (of baby)alumbramiento (masculine) [formal](before noun) delivery roomExample sentences
- Spontaneous miscarriage, premature delivery and stillborn birth are possible results of an infected foetus.
- A California woman is suing a hospital for wrongful death because her husband fainted and suffered a fatal injury after helping delivery room staff give her a painkilling injection.
- Guys who have been in delivery rooms watching their wives give birth will know what I am talking about.
- 4 uncountable (manner of speaking)expresión (feminine) oralExample sentences
- In those days, his stilted style, forced delivery, and wonky timing were virtues, reinforcing our sense of his hypothetically heartwarming kidness.
- The workshop also highlighted the importance of dialogue delivery and the manner in which it should be done.
- Rhetoric has everything to do with delivery, with speech, with performance, the act of constructing an oration simply being the first step.
- 5 (Sport) 5.1 countable (throw)Example sentences5.2 uncountable (manner of throwing) (American English)
estilo (masculine) de lanzamiento
- Now to another heinous crime in sport: illegal bowling deliveries in cricket.
- Hitters have their own nominees for bowling ball pitchers, whose deliveries reverberate through their arms and bodies when they make contact.
- When he is ahead in the count, he likes to drop down to a sidearm delivery and throw a two-seam fastball or hard slider.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.