Translation of delivery in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 1.1 uncountable (act) we guarantee speedy delivery of ordershow much do you charge for delivery?garantizamos la pronta entrega de pedidosthese crates are awaiting delivery¿cuánto cobran por el envío or transporte?to pay on deliveryestas cajas están por entregarcash on delivery to take delivery of somethingpagar a la entrega or al recibo de la mercancíawhen can you take delivery of the package?recibir algo(before noun) delivery charges¿cuándo puede recibir el paquete?delivery man delivery periodgastos (masculine plural) de envío or transportedelivery serviceplazo (masculine) de entregadelivery truck o (British English) vanservicio (masculine) de reparto a domiciliocamioneta (feminine) or furgoneta (feminine) de los repartosExample sentences1.2 countable (occasion) is there a delivery on Saturdays?
¿hay reparto los sábados?Example sentences1.3 countable (consignment)
- Later, tube systems were enlarged, and new ones opened not only for the transport of telegrams but also for individual and bulk deliveries of letters and parcels.
- Although the supply of tropical plants was down and hygiene services were disappointing, security services, parcels delivery and facilities management were very successful.
- We have to treat this matter as urgent and to request your reply within seven days of the date of delivery of this letter.
- Resorts can only be built on deserted islands, and must be of a high standard, all with their own generators, desalination plants and produce deliveries.
- Bulgarian cigarettes production and Bulgarian tobacco deliveries will depend on the market situation.
- Agents say that they sending back over fifty percent of some deliveries because their products don't sell very well.
- 3 countable (of baby) (before noun) delivery roomExample sentences
- Spontaneous miscarriage, premature delivery and stillborn birth are possible results of an infected foetus.
- A California woman is suing a hospital for wrongful death because her husband fainted and suffered a fatal injury after helping delivery room staff give her a painkilling injection.
- Guys who have been in delivery rooms watching their wives give birth will know what I am talking about.
- 4 uncountable (manner of speaking)expresión (feminine) oralExample sentences
- In those days, his stilted style, forced delivery, and wonky timing were virtues, reinforcing our sense of his hypothetically heartwarming kidness.
- The workshop also highlighted the importance of dialogue delivery and the manner in which it should be done.
- Rhetoric has everything to do with delivery, with speech, with performance, the act of constructing an oration simply being the first step.
- 5 (Sport) 5.1 countable (throw) 5.2 uncountable (manner of throwing)(American English)estilo (masculine) de lanzamientoExample sentences
- Now to another heinous crime in sport: illegal bowling deliveries in cricket.
- Hitters have their own nominees for bowling ball pitchers, whose deliveries reverberate through their arms and bodies when they make contact.
- When he is ahead in the count, he likes to drop down to a sidearm delivery and throw a two-seam fastball or hard slider.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.