Translation of delivery in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) entrega (feminine) we guarantee speedy delivery of orders garantizamos la pronta entrega de pedidos how much do you charge for delivery? ¿cuánto cobran por el envío or transporte? these crates are awaiting delivery estas cajas están por entregar to pay on delivery pagar* a la entrega or al recibo de la mercancía cash on delivery entrega contra reembolso to take delivery of sth recibir algo when can you take delivery of the package? ¿cuándo puede recibir el paquete? (before noun/delante del nombre) delivery charges gastos (masculine plural) de envío or transporte delivery man repartidor (masculine) delivery period plazo (masculine) de entrega delivery service servicio (masculine) de reparto a domicilio delivery truck o (British English/inglés británico) van camioneta (feminine) or furgoneta (feminine) de los repartosExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (occasion) reparto (masculine) is there a delivery on Saturdays? ¿hay reparto los sábados?
- Later, tube systems were enlarged, and new ones opened not only for the transport of telegrams but also for individual and bulk deliveries of letters and parcels.
- Although the supply of tropical plants was down and hygiene services were disappointing, security services, parcels delivery and facilities management were very successful.
- We have to treat this matter as urgent and to request your reply within seven days of the date of delivery of this letter.
Example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (consignment) partida (feminine), remesa (feminine)
- Spontaneous miscarriage, premature delivery and stillborn birth are possible results of an infected foetus.
- A California woman is suing a hospital for wrongful death because her husband fainted and suffered a fatal injury after helping delivery room staff give her a painkilling injection.
- Guys who have been in delivery rooms watching their wives give birth will know what I am talking about.
- Resorts can only be built on deserted islands, and must be of a high standard, all with their own generators, desalination plants and produce deliveries.
- Bulgarian cigarettes production and Bulgarian tobacco deliveries will depend on the market situation.
- Agents say that they sending back over fifty percent of some deliveries because their products don't sell very well.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (freeing) [literary/literario] liberación (feminine)
- 4 uncountable/no numerable (manner of speaking) expresión (feminine) oralExample sentences
- In those days, his stilted style, forced delivery, and wonky timing were virtues, reinforcing our sense of his hypothetically heartwarming kidness.
- The workshop also highlighted the importance of dialogue delivery and the manner in which it should be done.
- Rhetoric has everything to do with delivery, with speech, with performance, the act of constructing an oration simply being the first step.
- 5 [Sport/Deporte] 5.1 countable/numerable (throw) lanzamiento (masculine) 5.2 uncountable/no numerable (manner of throwing) (American English/inglés norteamericano) estilo (masculine) de lanzamientoExample sentences
- Now to another heinous crime in sport: illegal bowling deliveries in cricket.
- Hitters have their own nominees for bowling ball pitchers, whose deliveries reverberate through their arms and bodies when they make contact.
- When he is ahead in the count, he likes to drop down to a sidearm delivery and throw a two-seam fastball or hard slider.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.