- 1 (letter) delta (f)More example sentences
- Other symbols use in chemistry include the Greek letter delta to denote a change in energy levels and an arrow to indicate the direction a reaction proceeds in.
- Casey guessed the next would be delta: phonetic alphabet
- Apparently they don't teach you anything useful, just epsilons and deltas.
- 2 [Geog] delta (m)More example sentences
- It and many other old zircons come from metamorphosed sediments deposited in river deltas some 3 billion years ago in what is now southwestern Australia.
- Discriminating between deposits of tidally influenced deltas and tide-dominated coastal mud flats in the rock record is often difficult.
- Innumerable lagoons, lakes, canals, estuaries and the deltas of 44 rivers make up the 900 km of backwater network of the State.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.