- 1 (letter) delta (feminine)More example sentences
- Other symbols use in chemistry include the Greek letter delta to denote a change in energy levels and an arrow to indicate the direction a reaction proceeds in.
- Casey guessed the next would be delta: phonetic alphabet
- Apparently they don't teach you anything useful, just epsilons and deltas.
- 2 [Geography/Geografía] delta (masculine)More example sentences
- It and many other old zircons come from metamorphosed sediments deposited in river deltas some 3 billion years ago in what is now southwestern Australia.
- Discriminating between deposits of tidally influenced deltas and tide-dominated coastal mud flats in the rock record is often difficult.
- Innumerable lagoons, lakes, canals, estuaries and the deltas of 44 rivers make up the 900 km of backwater network of the State.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.