Translation of delusion in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (mistaken idea)(vain hope)she clung to the delusion that …falsa ilusión (feminine)they're laboring under the delusion that they're going to get compensationse aferraba a la vana ilusión de que …se creen que los van a indemnizar (y están en un error)Example sentences1.2 (Psychology)
he suffers from delusions o the delusion that he is Napoleonidea (feminine) delirantehe has delusions of grandeurse cree Napoleóntiene delirios de grandeza
- The rise of psychoanalysis did much to validate the contents of mental symptoms, including delusions.
- In the paranoid form of this disorder, they develop delusions of persecution or personal grandeur.
- LSD can induce a psychotic state with paranoid delusions that can last for months.
- 2 uncountable (act of deluding) [formal]Example sentences
- The rest of us play along, but no one is fooled by this necessary delusion.
- In short, the evidence points more towards hoaxing and delusion than real discovery.
- What is deceit or delusion, and what is genuine in this movement?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.