Translation of delve in Spanish:
- 1 (research) [literary]to delve
intosomethingahondarto delve into the past enalgoExample sentences
- Along with that, the show has two researchers delving into all the newspaper periodicals that are sent in.
- His research delves into matroidal structures, a concept based on graphs and matrices and its applications.
- I was confused and delved into my own research on the matter.
- They rounded another corner, careful not to brush up against the slime-covered wall and descended down another tunnel, delving deeper underground.
- Although the economy as a set of material practices has existed ever since ‘Adam delved and Eve span,’ it was not conceptualized as separate until about 300 years ago.
- He turned the corner and still the tunnel delved deeper into the rock.
- 2 (rummage)Example sentences
- Jo then delved in to the toy box and brought out a farmyard set before passing round a bag of plastic animals for the youngsters to pull out and identify.
- At great personal risk I delved in among the spines today but, apart from last year's abandoned nest, there was nothing.
- Then he prised open my mouth and delved in with a metal stick while the nurse fed a miniature sprinkler system down my gullet.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.