n (pl -cies)[Pol]
- 1.1 u (system) democracia (f)More example sentences1.2 c (democratic state) democracia (f) we live in a democracy vivimos en una democracia
More example sentences
- The British system of representative democracy has always abhorred referendums on moral issues.
- People asserted themselves to save democracy and the parliamentary system was restored.
- This is their chance to breathe new life into our system of Parliamentary democracy.
- So will our government work with other democracies to dismantle the tax havens?
- The House of Commons sits for more days and more hours than any other legislature in the large democracies.
- There can be and have been intolerant democracies and reasonably tolerant autocracies.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.