Translation of democracy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies(Politics)
- 1.1 uncountable (system)Example sentences1.2 countable (democratic state) we live in a democracy
vivimos en una democraciaExample sentences
- The British system of representative democracy has always abhorred referendums on moral issues.
- People asserted themselves to save democracy and the parliamentary system was restored.
- This is their chance to breathe new life into our system of Parliamentary democracy.
- So will our government work with other democracies to dismantle the tax havens?
- The House of Commons sits for more days and more hours than any other legislature in the large democracies.
- There can be and have been intolerant democracies and reasonably tolerant autocracies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.