Translation of democracy in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -cies)[Politics/Política]
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (system) democracia (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (democratic state) democracia (feminine) we live in a democracy vivimos en una democracia
- The British system of representative democracy has always abhorred referendums on moral issues.
- People asserted themselves to save democracy and the parliamentary system was restored.
- This is their chance to breathe new life into our system of Parliamentary democracy.
- So will our government work with other democracies to dismantle the tax havens?
- The House of Commons sits for more days and more hours than any other legislature in the large democracies.
- There can be and have been intolerant democracies and reasonably tolerant autocracies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.