n (pl -cies)[Pol]
- 1.1 u (system) democracia (f)More example sentences1.2 c (democratic state) democracia (f) we live in a democracy vivimos en una democracia
More example sentences
- The British system of representative democracy has always abhorred referendums on moral issues.
- People asserted themselves to save democracy and the parliamentary system was restored.
- This is their chance to breathe new life into our system of Parliamentary democracy.
- So will our government work with other democracies to dismantle the tax havens?
- The House of Commons sits for more days and more hours than any other legislature in the large democracies.
- There can be and have been intolerant democracies and reasonably tolerant autocracies.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...