Translation of denote in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [formal] (indicate) denotar [formal], indicar*Example sentences1.2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] denotar
- Next, each species or cultivar has a list of nurseries that sell it, with symbols denoting new entries, synonyms, awards of merit, variegation and so on.
- For the second quarter in a row, the company has had an ‘e’ placed after its trading symbol, denoting a late filing of accounts.
- In Courchevel, pay attention to the numbers after the name (which denote the height in metres).
- Kildare County Council has agreed to erect signs denoting the twinning of Kildare with French town Corps Nuds.
- The council has carried out risk assessments on all restricted areas and has reopened nearly three-quarters of the pathways - identified by a pink sign denoting a right of way.
- It is signed P O'Neill denoting official sanction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.