Translation of dental in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Dentistry)(treatment/health/hygienist)(school)a dental appointmentde odontología or (in Chile also) de dentísticathe dental professionuna cita or hora con el dentistadental receptionistlos dentistas or [formal] odontólogosrecepcionista (masculine and feminine) de clínica dentalExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Linguistics)
- And despite all the good news about dental health, tooth decay remains one of the most common diseases of childhood.
- In spite of these improvements in dental health, teeth are still extracted because of decay.
- Fluoride can considerably benefit dental health by strengthening the tooth enamel, making it more resistant to acid attacks that can cause tooth decay.
- If your child wears braces, a retainer, or other orthodontics, ask the orthodontist about dental care.
- With today's advances in modern dentistry, dental surgery has also advanced considerably to make the procedure nearly painless.
- Patients are instructed that when they visit the dentist for cleanings or dental work during the next two years, they should take prophylactic antibiotics.
- The sound that has yet to receive an official symbol is a ‘voiceless bilabial trill preceded by a dental stop, forming a single unit’.
- The alliterating dental sounds clinch the sentence's dark sense.
- (Linguistics)Example sentences
- Dentals are primarily distinguished from sounds in which contact is made with the tongue and the gum ridge, as in English, due to the acoustic similarity of the sounds and the fact that in the Roman alphabet they are generally written using the same symbols.
- In a variety of languages, either for the sake of euphony, or from caprice or accident, sibilant letters have been interchanged with dentals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to