Translation of departure in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable and countable (Transport) the arrivals and departures boardour point of departure was New Yorkel panel de llegadas y salidasthe point of departure for a whole new field of researchNueva York fue nuestro punto de partida(before noun) departure gate/loungeel punto de partida de todo un nuevo campo de investigacióndeparture timepuerta (feminine) /sala (feminine) de embarqueExample sentences1.2 uncountable (of person) [formal] he was on the point of departure when the police arrived
to take one's departureestaba a punto de irse or [formal] de partir cuando llegó la policíaretirarse [formal]
- Their approach may have triggered the thief's hasty departure, said Wade.
- The departure lounge at Kirkwall was packed with enough local worthies to fill a jumbo jet.
- About 30 minutes later I questioned my hasty departure and returned to check out the price.
- 2 (deviation) (no plural) a departure from customa departure from the normun cambio con respecto a lo acostumbrado or a lo habitualencouraging private enterprise is a new departure for this governmentuna desviación de la normael estímulo de la empresa privada es una innovación en la política de este gobiernoExample sentences
- It was, of course, a huge departure from the tradition represented by Perkin.
- Of course, this means a radical departure from current planning processes.
- The first shift required is a departure from being concerned only with patients who are referred to outpatient clinics.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to