- 1.1 (reliance) dependencia (f)More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (addiction) [Med] dependencia (f) drug dependence drogodependencia (f) [formal] his dependence on morphine su dependencia de la morfina
- But James aimed to free the crown from any dependence on its subjects.
- The importance of sea control has increased with the world's growing dependence on international trade and ocean resources.
- Her mental condition slowly deteriorates with her growing dependence on a fantasy she is unable to control.
More example sentences
- Choices made within these relationships, he argued, may give rise to the financial dependence of one partner on the other.
- As with the Chinese, the Japanese family also plays a key role in maintaining social stability, dependence, and mutual support.
- What she chooses is true love and financial dependence - outside marriage.
- Injections are also being developed to help tackle other serious addictions, including drugs dependence.
- Lifetime risks and correlates for both alcohol and drug abuse and dependence were estimated.
- With proper and timely treatment the victim of alcohol dependence can beat his addiction and lead a useful, productive life.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.