- 1.1 (desolate) desierto the place was deserted el lugar estaba desierto, no había un alma en el lugar the deserted streets las calles desiertas 1.2 (abandoned) [husband/wife] abandonadoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- As the Carter family drive across the desert wastes of America, a feral family of savage cannibals attacks them.
- Some wandered in desert wastes, finding no way to an inhabited town hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted within them.
- Her mouth and throat were as dry as the desert wastes.
- Click here for a gallery of pictures of the deserted village at Slievemore.
- We got off the bus to walk among the deserted business buildings of Burke.
- The sick woman was then allowed to take possession of the deserted dwelling.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.