Translation of detergent in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- [Chemistry/Química] detergente (masculine); (for clothes) detergente (masculine), jabón (masculine) en polvo; (for dishes) lavavajillas (masculine), detergente (masculine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)Example sentences
- Since soap and detergents are salts, they separate into their component ions in a solution of water.
- When using washing-machine water, combine the rinse-cycle water with the wash-cycle water to dilute the detergent and bleaching agents.
- It is important to note that the molecular weights of the detergents differ.
- A lower level of detergent may cause a buildup of deposits on critical engine parts.
- A gasoline detergent is a lot like a household detergent, helping to prevent any harmful deposit build-up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.