- 1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable (in tennis) deuce (masculine), cuarenta (masculine plural) igualesMore example sentences
- Federer was in the sort of form which took him to the Wimbledon title this year, with Blake staving off an amazing 19 out of 20 break-point opportunities, and surviving 10 deuces in one service game.
- They had a match point in the semi-final against the Cantrells, but Burdett served a double fault on the sudden-death second deuce in which this point is decisive under the rules of the competition designed to prevent drawn-out matches.
- I believe that happens during a deuce when the server has just won a point, and if he or she wins the next point the game is theirs.
- 2 [Games/Juegos] dos (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The deuce of each suit is called the sow (die Sau).
- The dealer gave her a deuce and she jumped from fifth place to second place and earned $22,000 in doing so.
- Let's say everybody is dealt a bunch of small cards and the dealer has a deuce up.
- My double-down blackjack bets drew deuces, the ball avoided my numbers in roulette like it owed them money, and if a player needed a card to beat me, then by God, that card was gonna come.
- If he should now throw 2 deuces for a total of 5, the player then throws all five dice for the third throw.
- 3 [colloquial, dated/familiar, anticuado] (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) where/what the deuce … ? ¿dónde/qué diantre or demontre(s) … ? [colloquial, dated/familiar, anticuado], ¿dónde/qué diablos … ? [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
More example sentences
- Sure enough, I handed over a twenty and said "two please", back came three fresh Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond deuces.
- The Legal Tender deuces have always held a special attraction to collectors.
- In 49th Parallel, who knows what the deuce he is doing, other than turning in what I believe to be the only bad performance in any Powell and Pressburger film.
- Well, what the deuce are you waiting for, old boy?
- I'm back and now you can ask me: What the deuce is Deuce Bigelow: Male Gigolo, anyway?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.