Translation of devoted in Spanish:
- 1.1 (loving) [couple/family] unido your devoted son, Charles tu hijo que te quiere, Charles his devoted mother su abnegada madre to be devoted
tosb sentir* devoción poralgn, tenerle* mucho cariño aalgn 1.2 (dedicated) (before noun/delante del nombre) [follower/admirer] ferviente, devoto; [service/friendship] lealExample sentences
- John had many qualities, but above all, he was a devoted and loving husband and father.
- He's a loving husband and a devoted father to his son, Mike.
- Naturally he will also need my devoted attention and loving care in the time ahead if he is to get better as I hope.
- Another night was devoted exclusively to a discussion of Patrick Roscoe - not the author but a computer-programmer friend of Heti's.
- This section of the essay is devoted to an article in Nature magazine on the evolution of the immune system in lampreys (a jawless, parasitic fish).
- It's home to the Bettie Morton Gallery and the Brixton Art Gallery - both devoted to up-and-coming African-British artists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to