Translation of devoted in Spanish:
- 1.1 (loving)(couple/family)your devoted son, Charleshis devoted mothertu hijo que te quiere, Charlesto be devotedsu abnegada madre
tosomebody1.2 (dedicated) (before noun)sentir devoción poralguientenerle mucho cariño aalguien(service/friendship)Example sentences
- John had many qualities, but above all, he was a devoted and loving husband and father.
- He's a loving husband and a devoted father to his son, Mike.
- Naturally he will also need my devoted attention and loving care in the time ahead if he is to get better as I hope.
- Another night was devoted exclusively to a discussion of Patrick Roscoe - not the author but a computer-programmer friend of Heti's.
- This section of the essay is devoted to an article in Nature magazine on the evolution of the immune system in lampreys (a jawless, parasitic fish).
- It's home to the Bettie Morton Gallery and the Brixton Art Gallery - both devoted to up-and-coming African-British artists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.