Translation of diagnose in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] [illness] diagnosticar* the doctor diagnosed her as epileptic el médico le diagnosticó epilepsia I was wrongly diagnosed no acertaron or se equivocaron con el diagnósticoExample sentences1.2 [cause/fault] determinar, establecer*
- Would this woman have been given such advice if her unborn child was not diagnosed as having the condition?
- Pollyanna was just six weeks old when she was diagnosed as having the condition.
- George was diagnosed with the potentially deadly condition days after his second birthday.
- Doctors usually diagnose the disease after studying the symptoms, and excluding other possible causes.
- The surgeon diagnoses the problem by barium enema or a colonoscopy and schedules surgery.
- Generally speaking, a team that includes both a speech therapist and surgeon working together best diagnoses these problems.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.