Translation of difference in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountable 1.1 (dissimilarity) spot the difference (puzzle)los 9 ( or 7 etc. ) erroresencuentre las diferencias (Latin America)to tell the differencenotar or ver la diferenciaa holiday with a differenceunas vacaciones diferentesExample sentences
Example sentences1.2to make a/no differenceit could make a difference in or (British) to the outcome
- Structural differences between the various drugs account for the differences in the potential side effects.
- The differences between the present study and prior work likely represent differences in patient selection.
- Therefore differences between the experiments could be attributed to differences in genetic background of the species that are not shared.
podría influir en el resultadoit will make no difference to youa ti no te va a afectardoes it make any difference to you if we go today?¿te es or te da lo mismo si vamos hoy?it makes a difference having a computerlas cosas son muy distintas con una computadorawould it make a great deal of difference in or (British) to the cost?¿supondría una gran diferencia de precio?what difference does it make? — it makes all the difference in the world
- There is in America a sense of distance from other nations, and of difference from them, which has been long remarked and debated.
- The question then becomes: how can we free difference from these normative connotations?
- A quick click on my archives, and I find that there's not much difference from last Christmas.
¿cambiaría mucho el precio?¿qué importa? — importa muchísimoan extra $100 would make all the differencecon 100 dólares más, las cosas serían totalmente diferentesit will cost you £5 or as near as makes no differencete costará unas 5 libras poco más o menos1.3 (change) the difference in him since he started slimming is amazinges increíble el cambio que ha dado or cómo ha cambiado desde que empezó a adelgazarExample sentences1.4 (Mathematics) the difference between six and two is four
la diferencia entre seis y dos es cuatroto split the differencedividirse la diferencia (a partes iguales)Example sentences
- Secondly, it assumes coat armour to be hereditary in the male lines of a family, with differences to distinguish cadet branches.
- If the antecedent is more true than the consequent, then the conditional is less than the maximal truth by the difference between their values.
- The difference between the expected value and the certainty equivalent is the risk premium for the gamble.
- It is claimed that there remains a substantial difference between that sum and the full amount of the loss.
- 2 countable (disagreement) they've had their differenceshan tenido sus diferenciasto settle or resolve one's differencessaldar or resolver sus ( or mis etc. ) diferenciaswe put aside our differencesolvidamos nuestras diferenciasExample sentences
- Naturally, we will have our differences and our disputes, but we must be especially wary of the tendency to cast them in terms of a fictitious religious strife.
- Governments are often beset by internal divisions and dispute, but such differences have traditionally been over politics or policy.
- In a voluntary society like the church we rely heavily on the ties that bind us together as the body of Christ as a way of resolving our differences and disputes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.