Translation of difficult in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (not easy)(task/problem)the difficult bit o part is …
difícillo difícil es …he's finding it difficult to give up smoking
la dificultad está en …le está resultando difícil dejar de fumarit is difficult to know whom to believe
le está costando dejar de fumares difícil saber a quién creerlewe'll make things very difficult for himle haremos la vida imposibleyou're a difficult man to get hold of!¡mira que es difícil dar contigo!Example sentences1.2 (unfavorable)
- We all acknowledged the fact that this decision is very difficult for you to understand.
- It is as difficult for us to understand adolescents as it is for them to understand us.
- It is very difficult for me to disagree with the statement that they deplore it.
- The State of Oregon is looking hard to save where it can in this difficult business climate.
- I was also a union steward at that time involved in long and difficult negotiations.
- The whole situation is made more difficult by the complexity of the cost equations.
- It's quite a hard thing to say, but my Nan is a very difficult person for me to be around.
- My character in the film had a very difficult father and there was one scene in which she had to stand up to him.
- He has succeeded in showing us that he is a difficult man, but that needed no great mastery.
- 2 (awkward)(person/personality)he's difficult to live with
difíciles difícil convivir con élshe's just trying to be difficultlo único que quiere es causar problemas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.