Translation of difficult in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (not easy) [task/problem] difícil the difficult bit o part is … lo difícil es …, la dificultad está en … he's finding it difficult to give up smoking le está resultando difícil dejar de fumar, le está costando dejar de fumar it is difficult to know whom to believe es difícil saber a quién creerle we'll make things very difficult for him le haremos la vida imposible you're a difficult man to get hold of! ¡mira que es difícil dar contigo!Example sentences1.2 (unfavorable) [times/circumstances/phase] difícil
- We all acknowledged the fact that this decision is very difficult for you to understand.
- It is as difficult for us to understand adolescents as it is for them to understand us.
- It is very difficult for me to disagree with the statement that they deplore it.
- The State of Oregon is looking hard to save where it can in this difficult business climate.
- I was also a union steward at that time involved in long and difficult negotiations.
- The whole situation is made more difficult by the complexity of the cost equations.
- It's quite a hard thing to say, but my Nan is a very difficult person for me to be around.
- My character in the film had a very difficult father and there was one scene in which she had to stand up to him.
- He has succeeded in showing us that he is a difficult man, but that needed no great mastery.
- 2 (awkward) [person/personality] difícil he's difficult to live with es difícil convivir con él she's just trying to be difficult lo único que quiere es causar problemas
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...