Translation of dilator in Spanish:
- 1.1 (instrument, muscle) dilatador (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (drug) vasodilatador (masculine)
- The size of the opening is controlled by the nervous system: at rest, the parasympathetic nervous system constricts the pupil and in danger, the sympathetic nervous system supplies the pupillary dilator muscle to enlarge the pupil.
- The halecostomes, of which Amia is an example, have an opercular dilator muscle originating on the mandible which opens the operculum.
- The hypoglossal and glossopharyngeal nerves innervate pharyngeal dilator muscles.
- The anesthesia care provider takes special care to ensure the removal of all esophageal tubes during insertion of sizing tubes, such as bougie dilators.
- The dilator is removed and the nasogastric tube placed through the gastrojejunostomy and into the Roux limb.
- Interestingly, in one of these reports all stenoses were at the level of the tracheostomy, and the authors suggested that tracheal damage from the inward force of the graded dilators might be the cause.
- Nitric oxide, a principle physiological dilator, produces local vasodilatation and inhibits platelet adherence and aggregation.
- The latter include diuretics, cardiac dilators and a substance called pentoxifylline, usually proscribed for memory loss among the aged.
- Its positive benefits are that it is a social stimulant and a potent dilator of the bronchial muscles, so it is important in the treatment of asthma.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.