Translation of diminish in Spanish:
reducirse(enthusiasm)the currency has diminished in value
apagarsela moneda ha disminuido de valor or se ha depreciadoExample sentences1.2
also: diminishing present participle(amount/speed/importance)the law of diminishing returns (Economics)
- The propensity for people enriched by capital gains to borrow and spend is gradually diminishing.
- The agrarian sector of the economy is gradually diminishing as the service sector assumes prominence.
- The itching usually diminishes gradually and eventually stops after complete wound healing.
cada vez menorla ley de los rendimientos decrecientesExample sentences
- This lack of comprehensiveness in no way diminishes the valuable contribution made by this fine book.
- At Lynn the right of any member of the community to attend at least the more important assemblies was not diminished by the constitutional compromise of 1420.
- The wardens complained that the plan has effectively smeared them and diminished their status.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.