Translation of diplomatic in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Politics/Política] (before noun/delante del nombre) diplomático the diplomatic corps el cuerpo diplomático to break off diplomatic relations romper* las relaciones diplomáticas 1.2 (tactful) [person/approach] diplomático she needs diplomatic handling hay que tratarla con diplomaciaExample sentences
- It will also enhance foreign trade and diplomatic relations with neighboring countries.
- The war induced the opening of New Zealand's first diplomatic relations with foreign powers.
- Henceforth UK interests were to be the concern of a British diplomatic agent styled the British High Commissioner.
- Be a catalyst for change by letting your actions and voices be heard in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- So it would appear that from now on I am going to have to be more tactful and diplomatic in my meanderings.
- Still, dealing with a complex issue such as this one requires a great deal of diplomatic finesse.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.