- 1 countable or uncountable/numerable o no numerable [Medicine/Medicina] enfermedad (feminine), dolencia (feminine) [formal]More example sentences
- It may soon be used in humans to treat heart disease, diabetes, and other such diseases.
- Hearing impairment is when the hearing is affected by a disease, disorder or injury.
- The threats of malaria and diarrhoeal diseases will only further increase with the onset of rains.
- 2 countable/numerable (vice) mal (masculine), enfermedad (feminine)More example sentences
- Are not sin, transgression and iniquity dread diseases that lead to spiritual death?
- The blame lies within the disease of greed that has found too comfortable a home in the world of sports.
- As the disease of greed and materialism spreads in our minds, so do the physical diseases, as our bodies struggle to eliminate the toxicity from the cocktail of chemicals consumed every day.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.