Translation of dismal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (gloomy)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (very bad)
- And mine is the world of the rented room, where damp creeps in in the dismal gloom and music is the only thing I own.
- As glorious Tramore yet again defied the dismal weather forecasts the fans flocked to the seaside venue.
- One idea is pushing election day back into October, to spare voters going to the polls in dismal weather.
- Her reassuring smile did little to reassure her dismal friends.
- After the past 10 days in the spotlight, internal morale for the 200 STB staff is dismal.
- If these really are the views of those around him, one fears he must run with a rather dismal crowd.
malísimo(results/performance/conditions)her attempts resulted in dismal failure
pésimosus intentos fracasaron estrepitosamenteExample sentences
- The play is a history of his romantic failures, with amorous adventures ranging from the comic to the pitiful but always dismal failures.
- This self-centredness bothered some of his followers, who quit after the party's dismal electoral performance.
- By that measure, too, Australia's recent performance looks dismal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.