Translation of dispense in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(grants/alms)
- Based on iris recognition technology, the machines will dispense cash, cinema tickets and postage stamps, and the company intends offering further applications including on-line shopping and bill payment.
- The screen of the cash dispenser displays the ironic message, ‘We apologise for the inconvenience, but this machine does not dispense cash at the moment.’
- Banks estimate that only 85% of ATM machines will be dispensing cash by the end of January 1.
- 2 (Pharmacology)Example sentences
- There is still the image that chemists simply dispense medicine after a visit to the doctor.
- Saudi chemists dispense medicine only in packets.
- But there are also huge savings available from legitimate Canadian pharmacies dispensing quality medicines.
- 3 (administer)(justice)
- It's their job to dispense information effectively and accurately.
- So they use the public sector not to provide services but to dispense patronage; they use trade protection to distribute favours.
- Another thing, the purpose of this column is not to dispense medical information.
- 4 (exempt) [formal]to dispense somebody
fromsomethingdispensar or eximir a alguienshe was dispensed from attending Mass dealgose la dispensó or eximió de asistir a misaExample sentences
- Diocesan bishops can dispense men from the obligations that go with the diaconate and suspend priests from the exercise of their order for a long or short period, but only the bishop of Rome can expel them from the priesthood.
- The designated cardinal however can petition the pope to dispense him from this requirement.
- Leo X gave as the reason for dispensing him from some of the requirements of canon law the expectation that as a native bishop he would be more effective in promoting the faith among his people.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.