Translation of disperse in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (scatter) [crowd/protesters] dispersarExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [gloom/foreboding] disipar, hacer* desvanecer
- Suburban office and industrial parks and shopping centers competed successfully with central business districts, dispersing economic activity over wide areas.
- The heat from the fire causes the pine cones to explode, dispersing seed over a wide area.
- When confronted with those distributions, many of us probably reason that some species indeed are dispersed over a wide area on the wintering grounds.
Example sentences1.3 (spread out, disseminate) [police/troops/forces] dispersar; [news/information] propagar*, divulgar*, diseminar
- Once they were through clapping, the crowd dispersed into different directions.
- Interior minister Francois Boko said soldiers had fired warning shots to disperse a crowd of protesters who had surrounded their vehicle in the neighbourhood of Be, an opposition stronghold.
- A handful of local people get off the bus, dispersing in different directions.
- The sun had gone, I was too late in the day, and the mist had risen and dispersed, coating the sky an even grey.
- Aerobic activities like cross-country skiing demand thin layers that rapidly disperse sweat and body heat - keeping you cool, not warm.
- The location could not have been better: within easy reach of Washington, yet protected by the Allegheny mountains and with prevailing winds from Canada to disperse any radiation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.