Translation of distinction in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 countable (difference) you shouldn't make a distinction between themwe must make o draw a distinction between …no deberías hacer distinciones entre ellosdebemos distinguir entre …Example sentences1.2 uncountable (act of differentiating) without distinction of race or creed
- The most noticeable distinction (apart from various details of the skeleton) are the more forward position of the eyes.
- In this debate, crucial distinctions are too often blurred.
- The United States recently earned the dubious distinction of having the highest incarceration rate in the world.
- Why draw arbitrary lines of distinction and value in different spheres of work?
- So long as we agree about the marking, it is of no great consequence where we draw the line between pass and failure, or between the different levels of distinction.
- As the man assembles without distinction samples from different areas, each track feeds on combined atmospheres.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (merit, excellence) See examples: a writer of distinctiona novel of distinctionun distinguido or destacado escritora car/watch of distinctionuna destacada novelahe served with distinctionun coche/reloj de categoría2.2 uncountable (distinguished appearance) he has an air of distinctionse distinguió en el serviciotiene un aire distinguido or de distinciónExample sentences2.3 countable or uncountable (mark of recognition) she has won distinction in the field of genetics
2.4 uncountable and countablese ha distinguido en el campo de la genética(British English) (Sch, Univ)mención (feminine) especialExample sentences
- Today Châteauneuf remains in good standing, crafting some excellent wines of real distinction and merit.
- They act as a showcase for the farming sector and they have fulfilled that role with flair and distinction for many years.
- The Supreme Court, in other words, has seldom been a showcase of intellectual distinction.
- Should we now admit who we are and have our merits and distinctions and even honours awards taken away?
- This was the first year the school had the Leaving Cert Applied option and many pupils were awarded merits and distinctions.
- She was awarded two distinctions, one for Pianoforte Playing and one for getting 100% in Theory and Harmony.
- University admissions requirements will vary from institution to institution, but are likely to expect either a merit or a distinction grade.
- Our other two applicants for higher grade distinctions were not so lucky on this attempt, but better luck next time lads.
- Her music went from strength to strength and she achieved Grade 8 distinctions in both singing and piano.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.