Translation of district in Spanish:
noun→ District of Columbia - DC
- 1 1.1 (region)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (locality) red-light district the Federal District
- Let us look at that district health board sector, of which a large part is hospital-based.
- The project authorities with the support of the district administration have removed the debris.
- Rural school districts have relied more on federal and state aid over the past 3 years than their urban counterparts.
el distrito federalExample sentences
- Negotiations between Wiltshire County Council and the districts are continuing.
- A more detailed report on the waterside scheme will be considered by both the district and county councils in the summer.
- The district and county councils say it is not their responsibility.
- The retail boom is also transforming the oldest shopping districts in the city.
- Our next stop was the Browns Race and High Falls Area: one of the city's newest entertainment districts.
- Cities with gleaming business districts and luxury developments for the rich are surrounded by shanty towns and slums.
Cultural Note: District of Columbia - DC
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.