Translation of district in Spanish:
noun/nombreDistrict of Columbia - DC
- 1 1.1 (region) zona (feminine), región (feminine) 1.2 (locality) barrio (masculine) red-light district zona (feminine) de tolerancia (Latin America/América Latina) , zona (feminine) roja (Latin America/América Latina) , barrio (masculine) chino (Spain/España) the Federal District el distrito federal
- 2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Politics/Política] (of state, city) distrito (masculine) congressional district distrito (masculine) or circunscripción (feminine) electoralExample sentences
- The retail boom is also transforming the oldest shopping districts in the city.
- Our next stop was the Browns Race and High Falls Area: one of the city's newest entertainment districts.
- Cities with gleaming business districts and luxury developments for the rich are surrounded by shanty towns and slums.
- Let us look at that district health board sector, of which a large part is hospital-based.
- The project authorities with the support of the district administration have removed the debris.
- Rural school districts have relied more on federal and state aid over the past 3 years than their urban counterparts.
- Negotiations between Wiltshire County Council and the districts are continuing.
- A more detailed report on the waterside scheme will be considered by both the district and county councils in the summer.
- The district and county councils say it is not their responsibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.